Inspiration is all around us. With Twitter hashtags like #MondayMotivation and #ThursdayThoughts, a quote of the day while the Forbes website loads, or even just an environmental ad you catch on the way to work, inspiring quotes seem to pop up everywhere. Here is a list of our Top 5 quotes from business leaders, and how we at TACK10 apply them to our everyday work.
1) “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” – Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder of The Huffington Post
At TACK10, we constantly aim to do our best quality work. We certainly do put a lot of time into each of our clients, but if the projects we accomplish with them are sub-par, then that time has ultimately been wasted. For us, quality trumps quantity every time!
2) “Success is best when it’s shared.” – Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
This quote really drives home the idea of strategic partnerships that we are all about. When two brands work together, instead of simply providing or receiving sponsorship, they help each other reach their respective goals in a much more valuable way while continuing to build on their relationship with one another.
3) “If you’re interested in ‘balancing’ work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable.” – Donald Trump, President of The Trump Organization and US Republican Presidential Nominee
It’s no secret that Donald Trump can be less than inspiring for most. But it’s also no secret that he has been, and still is, an extremely successful businessman. That’s why we included this quote – when you love what you do, like us, it makes it easier to accomplish quality work every day. The same goes for our clients, who are passionate about what they do, making the hard work seem easier.
4) “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
You really don’t ever know when the next bus will come, but what you do know is that if you wait long enough, or move to another stop, it will show up. As Branson points out, the same can be said about opportunity – if the first five people you reach out to say no, either wait for the right one to come along, or change your strategy to get those yeses. After all, that is our slogan – It Starts With Strategy.
5) “Failure to me became not trying versus not succeeding.” – Sara Blakely, Founder of Spanx
When you have an idea for a product, or think it’s time to change things up with your business approach, we’re here to help you accomplish your goals. The thing is, we can’t do that until you throw away the fear of failure and make the conscious decision to step out of the box and try something new.