Sports movies are infamous for their inspirational locker room monologues of coaches inspiring their teams to play hard and bring home a win. Maybe said teams are the underdogs, or have experienced a tragedy that brought on a string of losses. But what’s almost always the same is the message behind the pep talk: work hard, focus on the ball, and win!
Maybe you’re not a college football player, but you might be a salesperson. And a lot of what is said in those inspiring speeches can relate to the determination and drive you take with you into meetings and cold calls. To help you get into that challenging sales game, here’s our Top 10 Famous Quotes that Inspire a Sales Hustle.
1. “Now it’s time to see who has the heart… You are worthy of something… Are you ready to go out there and take what’s yours? What you’ve worked hard for? Are you ready to accept the Mustang challenge?” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson as Coach Sean Porter in Gridiron Gang
2. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
3. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” – Thomas Jefferson
4. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
5. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” – Oprah Winfrey
7. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
8. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
9. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
10. “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” – Jill Konrath
Bonus: “There is no such thing as a no-sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can’t. Either way, a sale is made; the only question is who is gonna close? You or him?” – Ben Affleck as Jim Young in Boiler Room