Parks Canada is a Contributing Partner of the Canadian National Exhibition this year, and in celebration of Canada 150, is spreading knowledge about the many ways Canadians can experience their country through camping.
With high-traffic locations in both Kids’ World and the Midway, Parks Canada is able to inspire many CNE guests to experience nature at campgrounds, historic sites and conservation areas. The Kids’ World activation area in particular, has many child-friendly activities to start the conversation about our country’s nature early. Guests can take part in a photo shoot with props and a backdrop of a Canadian landscape, can guess which animals make which prints in a sandbox, can receive tips about camping essentials like the best gear to pack, and can learn about animals native to Canada (and which Parks Canada sites to best witness them in nature).
“Parks Canada joins the CNE this year with an interactive activation encouraging everyone to participate in the Canada 150th anniversary celebration. This activation provides an introduction to the unlimited opportunities to enjoy national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites across the country,” says Tracy Culleton, Vice President of Strategy at TACK10.
“It tells stories of who we are, including the history, cultures, and contributions of Indigenous Peoples. Families new to camping can learn about programming such as learn to camp and on-site green screen technology captures you, family and friends as you plan your next adventure!”
• Speak with Parks Canada experts on the best sites to visit, whether for camping, to learn about history, or to experience nature
• Learn about Canada through various interactive games and activities
• Take your picture in front of a beautiful Canadian landscape, and receive it right away via email
• Check out brochures from multiple Parks Canada sites, coast to coast
• Learn about the Canada 150 Discovery Pass, which grants entry into Parks Canada sites all across the country in 2017, and pick up your own
Set up camp with Parks Canada at the Midway or in Kids’ World and celebrate 150 years of beautiful Canada! Discovery Pass holders still have until the end of December to experience Parks Canada locations for free, so be sure to stop by or order yours here.